Living in a Materia world [Cid Garlond and demonicor]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Living in a Materia world [Cid Garlond and demonicor]

Post by demonicor on Wed Jul 26, 2017 11:15 pm

Hey there, I'm still interested in investing some time and effort in that company of yours, but I think I'll run it a little quieter than I'd originally planned. So, have any lists of those materials you needed? I have basically stupid amounts of free time thanks to a recent mishap in one of my experiments... Don't ask. I'm sure I can track something down while I wait for my new shipments to arrive.

"If using your brain didn't work, you didn't use enough of it."

Last edited by demonicor on Thu Jul 27, 2017 2:51 am; edited 2 times in total
demonicor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Living in a Materia world [Cid Garlond and demonicor]

Post by Cid Garlond on Thu Jul 27, 2017 2:07 am

Thank you for your continued interest in Garlond Ironworks!

While ambient magic within this world is plentiful, there seems to be a limited supply of physical manifestations of it. Unaspected Materia would be most beneficial at the moment, however any will do.

The primary issue is currently a shortage of Ceruleum, which is a liquid Aether or Mana. If you have knowledge of a land that may have a large deposit of unrefined Ceruleum, it would be greatly appreciated. Ceruleum is usually found in areas where a large magical event heavily corrupted surrounding lands, often to catastrophic effect. This magic often crystallizes in large deposits which can be refined for purposes in Magitek.

Any information or material provided would be beneficial, and compensation can be discussed.

It should be of note that Garlond Ironworks holds itself up to a strict code of moral integrity. Further information on your personal involvement in the company will be needed, should you provide physical supplies.

"Freedom Through Technology"
~Cid Garlond, Chief Engineer
Cid Garlond

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by demonicor on Thu Jul 27, 2017 2:50 am

Hmm, physical manifestations, well I can think of a few things beyond the basics of Materia:
-There is a deposit of physical Mana, possibly even the liquid considering it's a wellspring, up north of Wutai, however... The ShinRa corporation had claim on the location last I knew, I haven't checked up on it in awhile..
-Faerie Fountains may also provide a source of a natural alternative to Ceruleum, as despite having no crystaline manifestations, it does seem to provide a certain magical benefit, perhaps being able to be refined in its own right into this Liquid Aether.
-As far as corrupted lands go.... Crysta was assaulted and destroyed with a large pulse of mana from a flying fortress (Note, the fortress may still exist in the northern waters somewhere). The land around Crysta seems to have at least partially healed, but nobody seems to have laid claim to the land itself beyond the settlers and the guild. It may be possible to secure mineral rights.
-I heard the desert north of Rocket Town past the mountains was site of a massive magical catastrophe, but I hate sandstorms, and there's a magical one constantly sitting there.

Beyond those locations, I'm not sure... I could always hit up the library for some research, Carsanquay knows I need to leave the lab sometime.

I'm not one hundred percent sure about the unaspected Materia, but Magicite and Magirock can be found in a few places.

I would be glad to become involved in this company, because too many people forget that you can approach magic scientifically.

~Demonicor

demonicor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cid Garlond on Thu Jul 27, 2017 3:48 am

> ShinRa and the Ironworks have not had any interactions to dates, as mission statements have fundamental disagreements. The possibility of negotiating with them is minimal. However, the Ironworks won't entirely close that as a possibility.
>Faerie Fountains seem like something worth exploring.
>The desert might be something that will be looked into in the future, when current resources allow.
>The Ironworks has learned Magicite recently. While it seemed promising, it had implications that the company would rather avoid.

As for Crysta, there has been mention of that before towards the company. I will be there in the coming days as a representative of the Ironworks. It sounds like you're familiar with the area, with the phrasing of "The Guild." If it can be assumed that you are involved with them and are as such a local of the area, would you have interest in continuing this conversation in person?

"Freedom Through Technology"
~Cid Garlond, Chief Engineer
Cid Garlond

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by demonicor on Thu Jul 27, 2017 2:16 pm

I'm actually on business in Shrike right now, I decided the local computer network would be a good enough place to access the forums.

The Guild in question call themselves Heroes for Hire. I know of a couple people involved with them, but they seem to be exactly what the name implies. They do heroic deeds, for cash... I mean, heroes need to eat too. Nice guildhall, if a little imposing on the landscape. They helped the town get back on its feet after the disaster, I don't even think they charged them.

I would greatly enjoy a face to face meeting, when you have the time. As stated before, my schedule is exasperatingly empty.

~Demonicor

demonicor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by demonicor on Thu Aug 03, 2017 1:58 am

So, you're sponsoring a... rock? I imagine it must have some sort of magical capabilities, and perhaps driven by pistons or jets. But that's just me yammering really, I like to theorize a bit too much for my own good.

I decided it was a good idea to check out the tournament, though I'm pretty sure I'd have been too late to join the party if I was even planning to sign up. They've got me set up in a fairly advanced little room here, but I can't do much more than watch the fights.

I guess we'll schedule that meeting for after the tournament finishes.

Until then, well, at least this place seems to have computers.

~Demonicor

demonicor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top