Cleft Chat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

About Progress [ShockTrooper, Chikatsu_Star]

2 posters

Go down

About Progress [ShockTrooper, Chikatsu_Star] Empty About Progress [ShockTrooper, Chikatsu_Star]

Post by Chikatsu_Star Wed Oct 04, 2017 11:45 pm

Ms. Iona,

I have been meaning to talk to you about this sooner, but something has been bothering me about our mission in Progress. While we were there, the singers named both us and and the Seekers before starting the performance. How did they know we were both there in the city?

--Edited--

Oh! I almost forgot! I spoke to a gentleman by the name of Cid Garland earlier today. I believe he uses this forum. He was looking to speak to someone in the organization because he said he would like to support the group with his magitek expertise in exchange for mining Ceruleum on site. I directed him to you.
Chikatsu_Star
Chikatsu_Star

Back to top Go down

About Progress [ShockTrooper, Chikatsu_Star] Empty Re: About Progress [ShockTrooper, Chikatsu_Star]

Post by ShockTrooper Thu Oct 05, 2017 1:10 pm

That is a great question... A great question I have yet to find an answer to. Most of my contacts in the city are dead now (which is super morbid and a sentence I didn't think I'd ever have to type out or say) and the Minister wasn't even involved with the event....What's really confusing is why Magnus is so focused on us and his artifact nonsense when there are legitimate monsters from his world running about killing people.

TLDR- I have no idea.

P.S, Thank you for the referral.
ShockTrooper
ShockTrooper

Back to top Go down

About Progress [ShockTrooper, Chikatsu_Star] Empty Re: About Progress [ShockTrooper, Chikatsu_Star]

Post by Chikatsu_Star Thu Oct 05, 2017 4:01 pm

There is so much to consider in unraveling this that it makes my head spin. Actually… How publicly known was our actions on the cruise ship? This is just a thought, but it was our first and only encounter with the singers before progress. At some point, they had to become aware of our involvement there in order to name us at the concert.
Chikatsu_Star
Chikatsu_Star

Back to top Go down

Post by ShockTrooper Thu Oct 05, 2017 4:15 pm

THAT part I at least have a good guess on. My GUESS is that they weren't alone... That they had people in the crowd, either newbies or non-magical followers just there to observe.... I don't think they're a small group.
ShockTrooper
ShockTrooper

Back to top Go down

Post by Chikatsu_Star Thu Oct 05, 2017 8:03 pm

That's what I was thinking. We might be able to get a list containing the names of all those who were on the ship and look for any that might show up elsewhere. Other than that, maybe look at the guest list of who all might have been present when you spoke to the minister about the job and who was around when you accepted it too. Someone could have been listening in. Other than that, I can think of very few other opportunities the singers had to learn of our presence in the city at the time.
Chikatsu_Star
Chikatsu_Star

Back to top Go down

Post by ShockTrooper Thu Oct 05, 2017 8:08 pm

I don't expect much from the Minister right now... not even JUST because his city is currently in a huge mess and doesn't have the time or inclination to help us... Vengeance is low in the list of priorities when half the populations considers the singers to be heroes who freed them..... and that still wouldn't explain how they knew about the Knights.

The city isn't lacking in cameras, maybe they had someone sneak into the control room... or charm someone in the control room... Do they have a control room..... or they had someone at each of the entry points, A plant at the guard post that received you and a plant wherever the Knights arrived... if the ways into the city were hyper limited then they wouldn't need many bodies to keep track of all the new comers.
ShockTrooper
ShockTrooper

Back to top Go down

Post by ShockTrooper Thu Oct 05, 2017 8:09 pm

Definitely the last thing, going with the last thing.
ShockTrooper
ShockTrooper

Back to top Go down

Post by Chikatsu_Star Thu Oct 05, 2017 10:35 pm

My mistake. I thought you had met at a social event of some sort that might have been run by someone else.

Now that you mention the possibility of someone being at the entry points, I do remember being a bit suspicious of the guards when we first landed. But you mentioned the job was a bit on the sketchy side, so I was a little on edge back then.
Chikatsu_Star
Chikatsu_Star

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down