Cleft Chat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You wanted to talk? [Kimen, Jeffery]

2 posters

Go down

You wanted to talk? [Kimen, Jeffery] Empty You wanted to talk? [Kimen, Jeffery]

Post by Briefcase_Guy Sun Dec 23, 2018 10:16 pm

Kimen,
Oboyo mentioned a while ago that you wanted to talk to me about something. Sorry it took me so long to make an account on this thing and get in contact, we got swamped with some work right after he mentioned it and it completely slipped my mind till Helios asked me if I had heard from you.

What did you have in mind? I know Oboyo mentioned it to me but for the life of me I can’t remember.

Briefcase_Guy

Back to top Go down

You wanted to talk? [Kimen, Jeffery] Empty Re: You wanted to talk? [Kimen, Jeffery]

Post by Chikatsu_Star Tue Dec 25, 2018 5:37 pm

Hi Mr. Jeffery!

Yes, I wanted to talk to you about something that might be a little difficult to talk about. I guess to start, could you tell me a little about your sister?
Chikatsu_Star
Chikatsu_Star

Back to top Go down

You wanted to talk? [Kimen, Jeffery] Empty Re: You wanted to talk? [Kimen, Jeffery]

Post by Briefcase_Guy Sat Jan 05, 2019 5:59 pm

Uh, wow you jump right into the hard ones, huh? Let me ask you a question back: do you want me to tell you about my sister, or do you want me to tell you about the... thing you have in your house?

Briefcase_Guy

Back to top Go down

Post by Chikatsu_Star Sat Jan 19, 2019 12:49 am

What thing in my house? Did something happen? Is Mr. Kent okay!? I asked Mr. Oboyo to check on him not long ago. I haven't been able to come home in such a long time with everything involving the Order. I have been so worried.
Chikatsu_Star
Chikatsu_Star

Back to top Go down

Post by Briefcase_Guy Sat Jan 19, 2019 12:53 am

I
What? Kent was fine last I heard, I think?

Ok, I think this is a topic clearly discussed better in person. We’re not communicating properly. Why don’t you swing by for lunch sometime and I can dissuade you from this unpleasant conversation you want.

Briefcase_Guy

Back to top Go down

Post by Chikatsu_Star Sat Jan 19, 2019 1:23 am

I'm sorry Mr. Jeffery. I can't do that with the way things are right now. Its not safe. I would suggest coming to the guild, but I don't think you want to do that considering your current feelings.

I don't think this matter should wait until things are safe again. So please, tell me about your sister and what happened between you two. I would like to hear your side of things.
Chikatsu_Star
Chikatsu_Star

Back to top Go down

Post by Briefcase_Guy Sat Jan 19, 2019 1:34 am

Right, never that easy.

I suppose most people would say to start at the beginning, but frankly our early years don’t matter much. Suffice to say Nancy and I grew up on a farm that was forcibly bought out and leveled during an aggressive expansion campaign from the business that basically ran everything in our neck of the woods. We were almost abducted and pressed into “corporate positions,” basically glorified enslavement to the company, but we were able to escape that little disaster and make our way cross-country to the nearest city.

With me so far?

Briefcase_Guy

Back to top Go down

Post by Chikatsu_Star Sat Jan 19, 2019 1:39 am

Yes, Mr. Jeffery. Please continue.
Chikatsu_Star
Chikatsu_Star

Back to top Go down

Post by Briefcase_Guy Sun Jan 20, 2019 9:52 pm

Right, so we made it to the city and managed to survive for a while. I was still fairly young at the time, so my sister had to do most of the heavy lifting for food. She never did go into detail about what she did, and I never really wanted to know. Eventually we got caught up in one of the... I guess you could call it a resistance movement. We ran with them for a few years, going out and disrupting company operations whenever we could in an attempt to free the city from their rule. We started out small, like anti-company graffiti small, but eventually we resorted to more extreme methods to get results.

Looking back on it now, it was never going to work. We were just too small to have a real impact, but we got dangerous enough to get noticed by company peace enforcement. Ironic name, given their brutal methods of keeping the “peace.” One of the missions that Nancy was on went bad, and we lost all contact with her team. We thought they were dead, up until she showed up one day a few months after they disappeared. I don’t know how she got in, but however she did she promptly started doing what she now does best and blew up the place and everyone in it, including herself. Believe me when I say nothing could have survived that kind of explosion. I only survived because I happened to be out on a coffee run, of all things.

The shockwave knocked me out long enough to get picked up by the patrols of officers sweeping the area for any survivors, and I ended up as a lackey in the accounting division. Imagine my shock when they came in with another Nancy a week later. Turns out, the R&D department liked her derivative magic so much that they decided to make copies of her. The base models were confined to the accounting department so they would have a relatively safe version to copy at their leisure. The other models... well, they don’t really matter. I never looked into them that much since dealing with one half-mad copy of a dead sibling was enough for me.

So there you have it. My sister is long dead, and you’re living with a delusional clone.

Briefcase_Guy

Back to top Go down

Post by Chikatsu_Star Tue Jan 22, 2019 2:37 am

How can you tell if Ms. Nancy here in the Cleft is a clone?
Chikatsu_Star
Chikatsu_Star

Back to top Go down

Post by Briefcase_Guy Tue Jan 22, 2019 6:41 am

What do you mean how can I tell? I’ve seen her die several times since then. Keeping a base model relatively safe in accounting doesn’t mean they don’t use it. They always bring in another one a few days later.

Briefcase_Guy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down